Drinking Water Treatment
There are more than 280 major water treatment plants in the United States that incorporate the use of ozone in their processes. Drinking water treated with ozone kills or inactivates any pathogenic microorganisms including viruses, bacteria, and parasites and removes inorganic trace contaminants found in water systems due to pollution.
Ozone treatment also reduces naturally occurring organic compounds such as humic acid and algal metabolites.
Surface waters, including lakes and rivers, generally contain higher levels of microorganisms. Therefore, they are more prone to contamination than groundwater and require diﬀerent treatment regimes.
- No environmental or health-endangering by-products due to a reduction of chemical usage.
- Lower quantities and less reaction time are required than chemicals such as chlorine.
- pH insensitivity.
- Produced merely from energy and oxygen/air and reverts back to oxygen after the reaction.
- Reduction in energy consumption.
- Removal of odors and colors.
- Natural taste and smell of the water is preserved.
- Disinfection, i.e. killing of microorganisms (giardia lamblia /virus inactivation/elimination of cryptosporidia, and other contaminants).
- No formation of haloforms.
- Enhancement of the flocculation/coagulation-decantation process.
- Most powerful oxidizer (Iron and manganese for effective filtration) (Hydrogen sulfur or other sulfur based com pounds).
- Degradation of pesticides, pharmaceuttical residues and other trace contamination.
- Removal of organic and inorganic matter.
Food Processing & Storage
Ozone is a proven, powerful way to eliminate microorganisms, effectively and quickly killing viruses and bacteria including E.coli and Listeria. It can be used to control biological growth of unwanted organisms in products and equipment used in food processing industries.
Our industry leading technology is particularly suited for the food industry due to its ability to disinfect microorganisms without adding chemical by-products to the food being treated, food processing water, or atmosphere in which food is stored.
Ozone reverts back to oxygen leaving no harmful chemical residuals or altering the taste of Treated Food.
- Longer shelf life.
- Water and energy eﬃciency.
- Lower cost in waste water disposal.
- Air-born microbiological and odor control.
- Ethylene removal.
- Environmentally friendly.
- 3000 times more germicidal than chlorine.
- No harmful chemical residual that requires a ﬁnal rinse.
- Instant pathogen destruction.